August 1999 - Shane VanSickle and I decide to start a band in the style of Korn/Limp Bizkit.We now have a drummer and a vocalist,"Kids in my Way" is written on the way home.
- We Look for guitar players and a bassist.
- Sonny Long becomes our 1st guitar player.
- I ask Sandy Sabin if he knows any bass players, he says "No"but agrees to jam with us.
- Sandy gets us a bass player named Josiah Engel.
October 1, 1999 - Our First Practice, Josiah doesn't show.
- Our first song(as a band) is formed called "Hit Me"
- Were still in search of a band name
- Sam(Sonny's twin)just blurts out "Why don't you call yourselves Cell Block 9, because you'll all end up in prison anyway."Our band name is decided.
October 8, 1999 - Second practice, We form a song called "Poor Crazy Me"
- Still no Joe
- No Sonny either
October 15, 1999 - First practice with Josiah at Josiah's
- We play "Hit Me" for a few people(our 1st performance)
Fall 1999 - Sandy brings in "Still" and "Broken."
-I help write chorus of "Still"
Winter 1999 - I write a lot of new songs in a stage of long lasting depression including "I Never Had a Chance," "Rejected" and "Depressed"
- Sonny gets kicked out because he never comes to practice.
- We record our cheap ass demo tape(in discography section)with 4 songs.
- Practice at Josiah's, Perform "Still" for Dan Bean and Josh Bushey.
- Dan Shows up Shane on drums,impresses us and inspires Shane to get better.
Spring 2000 - Shane quits Cell Block9 for Skarred.
- I ask Dan Bean to join on the day of a bomb threat,he accepts.
- First practice with Dan.We perform for Keith Herring, Josh White, Josh Bushey and Jake Hannibal while recording "Still" and "Jump Around" by House of Pain.
Summer 2000 - Jammed with Josh Gietek and once again recorded "Still"
- Josiah still isn't coming to practice.
Winter 2001 - We kick Dan out to get Shane back.Shane kicks Dan's ass on drums.
- We record "I Never Had a Chance" and "Overlord" with Shane.
- Just when were really doing bad ass with Shane,at our all time greatness Shane quits again.
- Shane joins Skarred, which is currently Bastroid for good.
- We jam out with Dan again,He fucking kicks ass now!
- Dan re-enters the band for good.
February 2001 - Dan steals his drums from his parent's house and we move our convicted felon asses to Nicky Burgen's house as our permanent practice area(btw, thanks you guys, we love ya!)
- We practice at Nicky's and spawn new songs such as "All American Psychopath" and "Becoming"
March 25, 2001 - We perform for Nicky's birthday party in front of about 20-30 people, our first really exciting gig.
- Josiah is kicked out and we get Miles Harris on bass.
- Cell Block9.com is created.
April 21, 2001 - We open for Bastroid at the Onsted after prom(brief description in the review section)
April 27, 2001 - Addison high School talent show, We play "Still/Overlord"combination and "All American Psychopath"
- We get third and win $10(information in review section)
- The band considers getting a different bassist for several reasons.
May 17, 2001 - Shane officially becomes our new bassist.
June 13, 2001 - Onstock, the beginning of a new annual free concert
July 21, 2001 - Prison City Hardcore, Where we met a lot of bad ass bands, and played our asses off.
September 2001 - We begin recording for our 1st cd at Backporch Studio.
October 16,2001 - Our first finished track!!!! "Overlord"
October 23,2001 - 2nd track becomes...."Becoming(God)"
October 30,2001 - 2 tracks in one day!"God Fell..." and "All American Psychopath"
November 4,2001 - Shane quits Cell Block9.
November 10,2001 - I'm Ready and Endless Pain are finished.
November 13,2001 - Still and Leeches become #7 and #8.
November 17,2001 - #9 - Corroded, #10 - Fallen
November 27,2001 - #11 An All Out Shred
November 30,2001 - Bluestage show, One of our most succesful shows yet!
- Sandy and Cell Block9 part ways
December 1,2001 - Chris Pate joins Cell Block9